CaptainForm WordPress Plugin
WordPress is undoubtedly one of the most adaptable content management systems out there. If this wasn’t enough, there are millions of developers around the world who make contributions every day to this open-source CMS, sharing knowledge and insights with anyone looking understand how WordPress works. Whether it’s a particular plugin, adapting one or more applications or creating forms to interact with your visitors, the WordPress community did something about it and you can use it to make your life easier.
Which brings us to the CaptainForm plugin. Created by a team of highly versatile web developers, CaptainForm saves you an incredible amount of time when creating WordPress forms.
An impeccable service on an open-source platform
WordPress may be open-source and its community very responsive, but nobody is there to guide you every step of the way when you are experiencing an issue or things just aren’t going the way you planned them to. When you reach this point, you can either delve into the code and fix it yourself or get somebody to do it for you.
There are better things that need your attention and a WordPress form is not one of them. However, when you get to it, you must make sure that it looks flawless and that it’s easy to navigate. If these two criteria are met, your WordPress platform has the power to create the best user experience possible, which means people will finish your forms and maybe even participate in the surveys you’ve made, for a change. With CaptainForm, you’re spared the complications of coding and there’s always someone you can ask for a little help here and there.
Simply put, this plugin is designed to help you save time when creating forms. Whether you want a new Autopopup Newsletter, Contact, Donation, Booking or Event Registration form, this plugin has everything you need pre-defined. You just have to drag and drop… and maybe click a few things here and there. It’s that simple. Over 30 free form templates await your input or, if none of them has what you need, you can create your own within minutes straight from the plugin dashboard.
What makes CaptainForm so awesome?
So why is a paid CaptainForm subscription a good idea? Well, for one, you don’t have to sign to a life-time agreement. The team also offers a 30-day money back guarantee if the plugin isn’t up to par. But, if what we’ve already mentioned isn’t enough to pique your interest, here’s some other interesting features:
- Intuitive, drag and drop interface for creating WordPress forms.
- An incredible array of customizable templates at your fingertips.
- Support for any problems you might encounter.
You may find that the following are really worth it:
- Data management that allows you to instantly create charts and visualize form information based on specific criteria.
- No chink in the armor with SSL encryption, CAPTCHA verification and password protection.
- Increased functionality from the possibility to integrate third-party applications like Paypal, MailChimp, DropBox, SalesForce, GoogleDrive and more.
Installation and customization
The CaptainForm on-site Knowledge Base has an article for every step of the installation/customization process, should you need any help. If you’re always on the run and tend forget things or skip some steps, this is an invaluable asset. All of the articles have a video demonstration as well, while the simpler ones just have pictures. They thought of everything.
Like most WordPress plugins, you log into your dashboard, click “Plugins” on the left menu and then “Add New”. Afterwards, you just press “Upload Plugin” and “Choose File”. Then you just have to search for the .zip file of the CaptainForm plugin. Once you’ve done this, press “Install Now” and then the “Activate Plugin” link. If you want to change your payment plan, just go to the “Change Plan” section of the plugin and you’re good to go.
The form customization tools include:
- A Form Editor section where you build your own form. It has a “Basic” and “Advanced” field, as well as a “Form Layout” menu.
- The ability to manage e-mail notifications from your WordPress form.
- The possibility to add an upload field to any form you have.
- Advance features such as: saving the form to finish off later, the opportunity to make later edits, preview before sending, request an approval of submission and even hide it from search engines.
- Conditional logic depending on field value, making your form more dynamic and engaging.
- Translations of messages.
- Secure forms, hiding form fields, preventing duplicate values, smart captcha and much, much more.
The on-site Knowledge Base can also guide you to style your form to match your website or a theme related to the subject, help publish you form, manage submissions and native addons, as well as payment gateways. Everything you need, in one place.
Read more about Captainform
As advertised on their website, CaptainForm has an outstanding customer service. Fast, responsive and easy to talk with, their support connects you directly to a web developer who can answer each and every inquiry you may have. It seems that Gravity Forms finally has some tough competition.
Overall, CaptainForm is a powerful WordPress plugin that can potentially save you days’ worth of work. Unlike Gravity Forms, you have the option of regular package that doesn’t cost anything (yes, it’s free). Just so you can get a feel of what you’re dealing with. This is the perfect option for budget start-up website. Oh, and did I mention how easy it is to publish?