Part 2 of Updating the ClassiPress Theme Settings and Uploading Custom Logo
The is video #2 of a series of ClassiPress tutorial videos. In this video we’ll fishing the Settings overview and we’ll upload a custom logo. You’ll find the logo dimensions listed below. The key points to take away from this video are as follows…
1. Make sure to activate the reCaptcha settings which you’ll find in the “Security” tab. Activating reCaptcha will eliminate spam Ads from showing up on the site.
2. Email settings – make sure to review the Email Notification settings. You’ll want to make sure that you are notified each time some creates a new Ad so that you can screen it. Also, you might want to create a custom welcome email that you’re users get when they create a new account. So make sure to double check the Email settings which you’ll find the in WordPress admin under “ClassiPress” on the left side of the screen.
3. If you plan on charging for Ads, make sure to setup your Pricing Model. You have a number of options when it comes to pricing so make sure to review that section and choose the pricing model that best fits your site.
4. Packages – make sure to setup your Ad Packages based on your pricing model. It is setup to allow for a high degree of customization.
5. If you decide to charge for Ads then make sure to enter your PayPal information in the “Gateways” section. PayPal is tightly integrated with the ClassiPress theme so you’ll simply need to enter your PayPal email address.
6. The combination of Form Layouts and Custom Fields allows you to create just about any type of Form you can think of. The forms will be filled out by site users when they create a classified Ad on your site. You can create as many forms as you’d like and assign them to multiple categories. For example, let’s say you decide to create a costumes classified Ads site. You’ll want to create a Custom Field called “Costume Type”. Then create a custom form and insert that “Costume Type” custom field in the appropriate place in the custom form.
Logo Dimensions: 400 x 98
You’ll want to make sure that the logo has a transparent background so that it blends into the background of the site. I like to use Photoshop when creating logos.
Your Support is Greatly Appreciated
If you’ve found this ClassiPress Theme tutorial video to be helpful then please consider purchasing the theme via my affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated and will help me make more WordPress theme specific tutorial videos.
my ClassiPress Theme affiliate link: Get ClassiPress Here