1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

Banner missing?

Discussion in 'Themes & Templates' started by Zenmode, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Zenmode

Zenmode Member

I'm trying to get my banner back.

What I did after installing the mystile theme was

1. change the banner
    2. after learning about child themes, installed uploadwp mystile child theme.
    3. went through mystile customization video on this site to create new "home" and "blog" pages.
    4. somewhere in this, banner is now gone.

How do I fix this?
  2. Savidge4

Savidge4 Upload WP Superstar

Zenmode!

try 'Dashboard' 'Mystile' 'Theme Options' then in the General settings tab you will see "Custom Logo" if the box is not displaying your logo, well that would be the issue! < Crossing Fingers >

3. Zenmode

Zenmode Member

Isn't that my logo though? I'm talking about my banner, the one that is called "featured image" in the settings, under mystile>theme options>homepage>featured image
    The logo AND the banner show up in the settings, but neither of them show on the newly made home page :-/
    again, the url is zenmods.org
  4. Savidge4

Zenmode,

If they are displaying in the dashboard.. as silly as it sounds remove them, and try putting them back in and see what happens. I recall having a moment with a mystile install it was doing the same thing, and I believe after monkeying around a bit that is what finally fixed. Now that I am thinking about it, I may have insert A different image first, then used the went back and placed in the original image, if that makes sense.

Hope that Helps!

5. Zenmode

Zenmode Member

Nope, unfortunately that didn't work either. Should I completely re-upload them?

I took them down with the red subtraction mark, saved, then put them back from the previously uploaded media. No change?
  6. Savidge4

Zenmode,

I would try a new upload

7. Zenmode

Zenmode Member

I'm so confused here. Every time I add something to the child theme, the official mystile theme takes on the changes. the css you gave me for the zenmods title transferred to the parent theme, even though I uploaded them completely separately. I don't understand what's going on.
    Could this be what's wrong? Should I completely scrap it all and start over?
  8. Savidge4

Zenmode,

I am starting to think, yes there is a disconnect somewhere. The code I have given you SHOULD work, I am testing it on my Mystile install before sending it to you.

9. TeddyTriton

TeddyTriton Administrator Staff Member

Hey Zenmode,

Thanks for joining the Upload WP forums. Some people have had trouble getting the Mystile Featured Banner image to show... if you have not already... please take a few mins to watch the following video...

Zenmode and Savidge4 like this.
  10. Savidge4

Teddy,

If I didn't spend 10 minutes looking for that dang video, I spent an hour. I KNEW you had that!

Zenmode likes this.
  11. Zenmode

Zenmode Member

ahh thank you very much for the video, it cleared up both my problems.
  12. mepsbythesea

mepsbythesea New Member Updated Profile

Hi, I am new to this forum and have not just spent an hour but ALL DAY!! trying to get the featured banner image to appear on my home page. The home page is not a post, its a static page, if I set it up as a post, it works fine! As soon as I change the reading permissions to static page and Home and Blog respectively, the banner image goes. I have followed all the vids and set up the home page as a custom link in the menu area. Please please can you help, I think I've exhausted all the forums, videos etc. and its probably just a simple little thing I need
  13. TeddyTriton

TeddyTriton Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Upload WP Forums! What is the URL to view your site? Let me know and I'll do my best to help. Thanks
  14. mepsbythesea

mepsbythesea New Member Updated Profile

Hi, I am running the wp site on a local server so don't think you can access remotely! If its any use, I have managed to get my logo to show when I set to home to 'static page' but featured image still doesn't show.
  15. moran vizel

moran vizel New Member Updated Profile

Hi i also have this problem the banner wont upload to my front page, i set my main products page as my home/main page does it create any problems with the banner

as you see i uploaded the banner
    upload_2017-5-16_12-0-1.png

and the banner doesn't upload

upload_2017-5-16_12-0-40.png

Attached Files: