1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

Custom Sidebar on Especific Category Product Page

Discussion in 'WooCommerce Product Category Structure Setup' started by innovattive, Aug 6, 2016.

1. innovattive

innovattive New Member Updated Profile

Hello Community

I have a small big problem in war with me for 4 days long now, and i really need to solve it, just dont know how, and my code knowledge is not the best, i give up googling and i came to you community to request some help.

I have a shop with a few categories and i want to display a left sidebar diferent on each category.
    Lets say product category fruit ( a related sidebar)
    product category bread (a related sidebar)
    product category meat (a related sidebar)
    this is what i want and what my client need.

i have a plugin Custom Sidebars from wpmu dev https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-sidebars/
    that let me add the sidebar i want in each post or category or whatever but on "side/blog" side not in woocommerce, products on woocommerce are post type, that means in each product i can use that plugin.
    Product Categories are not a post type and even a page. (static one)

after a few days battling this i made a test in my side-woocommerce.php where the call to side bar is:
    At green are the sidebar ID's, what Custom Sidebar from wpmu Dev i created a sidebar called "aded" where i changed in that code 'sidebar-1' and 'sidebar-2' for the 'aded' and "tchahahahraraaaammm" i got my custom sidebar on product category page, but allways a but for all category pages the same "aded" sidebar.

My question here and the help i need is.
    are there anyway to put an
    in that code?
    what i mean, if category is example bananas the sidebar is bananasidebar
    i know probably i will need to add more lines in that file but it would really be the answer i need, i only dont know how to play with if conditions

thank you in advance for any anwser and sorry for the long text, but was to explain everything =)
  2. innovattive

innovattive New Member Updated Profile

hi again community

i have some upgrades, i want to share because someone may have same problem and also to update the point of my problem so if anyone wanna to know where am i now

i did modifications and now i can put diferent sidebars in any diferent product categories i want, what i did on code:

ORIGINAL ONE
    EDITED ONE:
    now i still have a problem, for this sidebar be present on the category-page esp-ostomia-coloplast i need to have any plugin in the main wordpress sidebar, if not, the content do not appear.
    i have already tryed:
    $post_sidebar == 'leftsidebar'
    is_active_sidebar('sidebar-2') "this one is the sidebar ID"
    and did not work

any help?
    best regards