1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

Dropdown menu for quote

Discussion in 'WordPress Shortcode' started by robsanders, Jun 23, 2015.

1. robsanders

robsanders Member

Back again with a new query.

Wanted to integrate the dropdown options (variations) so the customer can get an instant quote, like in the following printing website example http://www.discountprinting.com.au/flyers.php.

All variations, and price, would be in a CSV file (~1000 combinations) and was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

Was hoping to not have individual product pages (like Woo) so as to keep the customer on the same page.

On a side note, does anyone know why I would not be receiving email notifications, even though I have selected the option on each thread I post?

Regards
    Rob
  2. Savidge4

Savidge4 Upload WP Superstar

Web Designer
    Home page:
    Rob,

you finally kind of got me here. JavaScript is simply my weakest point in programming. I do however, have someone I have worked with in the past that is in at least the same country as you. I will leave you a message with his contact info and contacting him will probably get you in the right direction.

In regards to the e-mail responder... I now have "moderator" status and the screen has changed a bit for me. but what you want to do is go in and click no.. you don't want e-mails, and then go back in and reselect that you do want e-mails. ( I believe )

robsanders likes this.
  3. robsanders

robsanders Member

Thanks again Savidge, much appreciated.

So the drop down is a JavaScript function? Would of thought that WP would have something to do this. Was tempted to create categories for each one and set it up as product variations but want to keep it all on the front page, so to speak.

Will try out that email notification too and let you know how it goes for reference. Feel free to respond here for test purposes.
  4. Savidge4

Savidge4 Upload WP Superstar

Web Designer
    Home page:
    testing testing testing one two three.

How now brown cow and the fox jumped over the moon

5. robsanders

robsanders Member

Nope, didn't work