1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

External/affiliate Products Open in New Window

Discussion in 'Category & Product Setup' started by woowooced, Jul 17, 2014.

1. woowooced

woowooced Member

Hi guys
    Is there an option where external/affiliate products open up in a new tab/window when clicking the buy button.
    thx
  2. Savidge4

Savidge4 Upload WP Superstar

woowooced,

You can actually do this with in the link that you place in the product setup. Something like:
    HTML:
    <a href="YOUR URL HERE" target="_blank">
    so adding the ( target="_blank">) to the end of your URL will do whatit is you are looking for!

3. woowooced

woowooced Member

unfortunately i cant do this on the shop, it s only asking me the URL, i cant input an html code :-(

see pic

Attached Files:

4. Savidge4

I will have a plugin for this later this after noon / evening. ( makes life easier )

5. woowooced

woowooced Member

6. Savidge4

UPLOADWP AFFILIATE TAB PLUGIN

For those of you selling affiliate products this plugin is for you. What the plugin does is #1 change the Single Product Page button text to "Buy Now" ( I have split test the effectiveness of many words for this button, and "Buy Now" is the most effective ) #2 it opens a new Tab in the users browser, leaving your site page as an active tab as well. ( If you have not noticed, without this plugin, the new page will use the same window ) #3 I have set the link to a "No Follow" state. ( Good for SEO )

The above link will prompt a download. To use the plugin, download to your computer to a place you will remember. Opening the Wordpress Dashboard, go to 'Plugins' 'Add New' select the 'Upload' function. Activate plugin, and enjoy!

This plugin has been tested on a number of Themes, Including Virtue, Mystile, and a few others.

uploadwp_youtube_banner.png

TeddyTriton likes this.
  7. TeddyTriton

TeddyTriton Administrator Staff Member

Great work Savidge4! I just tested the "UploadWP Affiliate Tab Open Plugin" with the Mystile theme and it worked perfect.

Below is a video I created that demos the Upload Affiliate Tab Open" plugin...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  8. woowooced

woowooced Member

9. woowooced

woowooced Member

Attached Files:

10. Savidge4

I am working on a fix for this, and have sent it off to be verified. I am a bit unsure with the code that I used on this one and want to ensure I am not getting into an area that may cause issues later. As soon as it returns with an ok, I will release it here!

11. woowooced

woowooced Member

thx a lot, really appreciate
  12. Mariojnr

Mariojnr New Member Updated Profile

Hi,please could you check out my website?I have not really posted much on it but the website toolbar doesn't display what I want it to display,instead it displays just www.tollsales.com .I want to display words from the seo general setting,like a normal website that is,I must have done something creepy while writing some short codes whatsoever.Help please
  13. Savidge4

Are you meaning the very top navigation bar?

14. Mollebjerg

Mollebjerg New Member Updated Profile

This is just, what I have been looking for :) My page is in danish, is it possible to change the text in the button? I would like a danish word.

Thank you so much in advance
  15. Savidge4

Sure, I can get that done, just give me the word!

any other languages while im at it?
  16. Mollebjerg

It would be great if the text could be "Se tilbud"
  17. Savidge4

TeddyTriton likes this.
  18. Mollebjerg

Thank you. Unfortunately it does not work. I think there is a conflict with my affiliate plugin. It is possible to have a "light" version of the plugin, that just opens links in new tab?
  19. Liadavide

Liadavide Member

Hi Savidge4,

I have tried downloading this plugin but the link doesn't work. Has the file moved to another location or a new one been created? Am looking to add a few affiliate products to my site and have had a look at a few WP plugins but they all fall short. \do you know any good plugins?

20. Aravind

Aravind New Member Updated Profile

Hi Savidge4,

I am not able to download the plugin from the above links. Could you please help me in this case