1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

Should I use WooCommerce for a store with 100 SKUs?

Discussion in 'General WooCommerce Discussion' started by torres, May 17, 2017.

1. torres

torres New Member Updated Profile

I have been running an online store on Ebay for a long time. Now, I want to start my own ecommerce store for selling handcrafted items. To start with, my store will have 100 SKUs. I am thinking of trying WooCommerce since it is pretty easy to setup, but I have heard there can be issues with its performance. On the other hand, I am also thinking about trying out Magento since it has lots of features and good performance. What do you think? Which platform should I use for my store?
  2. TeddyTriton

TeddyTriton Administrator Staff Member

Wordpress Ninja
    Home page:
    Yeah woocommerce would be an excellent choice for 100 sku's. Magento is a bit heavy and really built for larger ecommerce stores in my opinion. In terms of overall cost, value, and simplicity woocommerce wins hands down.
  3. Mage Dev

Mage Dev New Member

I have read all your requirements and the best option for you is Magento. Magento has a large number of features as well as it is more secure than WooCommecre. WooCommecre is easy to sue but customization in Magento is a difficult task. WooCommere lacks in terms of security and it is a big concerning point.

Here's a comparison between Magento and WooCommecre, you can check this for further details and it will help you in taking your decision: https://magenticians.com/magento-vs-woocommerce-comparison/