1. Welcome to the Upload WP Community Forums!  This is the best place to get premium WordPress and WooCommerce support.  Please take a look around and join the Upload WP Community for FREE today!

Woocommerce child category permalink structure change

Discussion in 'Category & Product Setup' started by Ricky, May 20, 2017.

1. Ricky

Ricky New Member Updated Profile

Hi,
    I am using Woocommerce and WordPress latest version. Basically, I am using WordPress multisite function with woocommerce where sub directory are country.In a nutshell, it is a multi-country ecommerce store.
    Following are some of the permalinks where I have same child for multiple categories. Due to how WordPress work, I can not create assign single child to multiple categories. Let me explain this with an example to make it more clear.
    My website is https://giftsluv.com.
    I have following categories
    Flowers
    Cake
    Chocolate
    Now, there is a sub category or child category named
    Birthday
    assigned to Flowers category. In such situation my permalink would be mysite.com/product-category/flowers/birthday
    If I create a new Birthday sub category or child category in cake, it would look something like this
    mysite.com/product-category/cake/birthday-cake
    I would like to display above permalinks like
    mysite.com/product-category/birthday-cake
    In this example, the product category is removed as it creates a very long permalink structure which is not ideal in terms of SEO and user experience. Please help me to solve this.
    Most of the permalink plugins work on WordPress but they do not seem to work on Woocommerce.