Show your Twitter feed on your website
Twitter is one of the biggest platforms out there for social media. If you have a Twitter account, and a website. It’s a great idea to put your Twitter feed on your website, to show your latest Tweets. In this WordPress tutorial we’re going to add your twitter feed in a widget, then add it to your sidebar.
How to add Twitter Feed
The first thing we need to to is to go to your twitter account.
- Click on your logo next to the tweet button.
- Go down to “settings” and in the left sidebar you will find “widgets”, click on it.
- Go up, click on “create new”. Make sure you have the right username.
- Choose options., “exclude replies”. You can auto expand photos. You can also choose the hight, theme, light or dark. You can choose the link color. When you are ready, click on “create widget”.
- You can change this later on if you want.
- Copy the code.
Log in to you WordPress Admin
- Go back to the WordPress site.
- Click on “dashboard
- Go down to “appeareance”, choose “widgets”.
- Find the widget called “text”. “Add widget”.
- Choose a title, follow us on twitter. Paste the HTML code. Click on “save”. Click where you want to have the twitter feed..
- Go to your website.
Now we have the twitter feed on our website in the side bar. The twitter feed widget will have a title, the “follow” button, your latest tweets and also a “tweet” button- If you want to change your options you go back to your widget. You can change the background theme to dark. Click on “save changes” Go back to your site. Click on “update”. Now we have a black background. This is how you add a twitter feed widget to your WordPress site.