I’ve been buying and selling websites on Flippa.com for over 8 months. I’ve sold over 100 sites so far and 90% of the sites that I’ve listed have sold. So I’ve been asked to share some of my tips on the process that I use to build and sell websites. Well, here’s my process….
There are 2 main parts to the process of selling sites on Flippa… they are:
The Front End and the Back End.
Front end is everything that goes into Creating a site and listing it for sale…
Back end is all the work required after the site is listed for sale and after it sells…
Here’s an overview of the system I’ve used to build and sell over 90 websites on Flippa so far…
Front End Steps:
1. Keyword Research – find keywords with high search volume and low competition.
2. Buy the domain names that contain the keywords with high search volume and low competition.
3. After purchasing the domain names, you’ll need to update the Nameservers so that they point to your hosting account.
4. Add the domain names on to your hosting account.
5. Install WordPress on the domain names
6. Create the websites (3-5 hours / site)
Back End Steps:
7. List the website for sale ($20 / listing)
8. Monitor the Listings – answering questions / responding to comments
9. When the site sells you’ll need to process the sale. Processing the sale involves transferring the hosting from your account to the buyer’s account. Swapping out the affiliate codes and Google Analytics. Finally, you’ll need to provide support on the site for a few weeks and answer any questions the buyer might have. Providing great customer service is very important and will help grow your following on Flippa so do not take this last step lightly.
Repeat the process above and you’ll earn a nice living online!
p.s. my username on Flippa is “TeddyTriton” so feel free to PM me on Flippa if you have any specific questions.